[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PORT COLBORNE]

caea-l at list.web.net caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Feb 19 10:19:07 EST 2007

------------------------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PORT COLBORNE
------------------------------------
The Showboat Festival Theatre, the professional summer theatre located
in Port Colborne, ON is seeking CAEA Member Stage Manager (s) for its
2007 summer season. The Showboat Festival Theatre performs in the round
at the Theatre at the Roselawn Centre for the Living Arts

Our Season:

One Stage Manager would work on:

Boardwalk! - The Doo-Wop Musical
Rehearsals begin either May 28 or June 4
Previews June 13
Opens June 14
Closes June 31

And

The Flying Bandit
Prep Week July 16-July 20
Preview July 25
Opens July 26
Closes August 11
A "presented" production

Second Stage Manager would work on:

I Ought To Be In Pictures
Rehearsals begin June 18
Previews July  4
Opens July 5
Closes July  21

AND

Same Time, Next Year
Rehearsals begin July 30
Previews August 15
Opens August 16
Closes September 1

We operate under the Independent Theatre Agreement and are an "F"
Category house.

As per the ITA, we will assist with finding accommodation - most on a
billet basis. Stage Managers are responsible for the cost the
accommodation.

Having your own vehicle would prove very helpful.

An ability to live and work in a small community and to play well with
others is essential!

Interested? Please send your resume, references and covering letter to:

David Savoy
Artistic Director
Showboat Festival Theatre
c/o #36
5959 Student Union Blvd.
Vancouver BC
V6T 1K2

Or by email to dsavoy45 at sympatico.ca

Equity members hired for this production will be engaged under an Equity
form of contract.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com