[e-drive] E-DRIVE [JOB - ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN - OTTAWA]

CAEA News Bulletin Service caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Sep 17 15:19:36 EDT 2007

------------------------------------
JOB - ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN - OTTAWA
------------------------------------
POSITION AVAILABLE:

Administrative Intern

Odyssey Theatre, Ottawa's only professional summer theatre, is offering
a six-month Administrative Intern position. This job would be perfect
for someone who is interested in exploring the world of arts
administration, and/or gaining new administrative skills, which would be
transferable to other fields.

Odyssey Theatre is a dynamic, award-winning company that runs a
successful open-air theatre in Strathcona Park. Our company produces a
unique style of theatre that successfully blends various theatrical
forms, including such arts as Commedia dell'Arte, Mask, Physical Theatre
and Clown.  We are currently celebrating our 22nd season, and have many
exciting plans for growth, including adding an indoor winter touring
season.

Reporting to the General Manager and the Artistic Director, the
successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with Odyssey's:

	Marketing strategies & materials;
	Fundraising;
	Grant writing;
	Development of a touring strategy; and
	General office duties.

The successful candidate must possess the following skills: excellent
written communication skills; initiative; strong organizational skills;
oral communication skills; intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word,
Excel, MAC); and a background in the arts would be an asset.

This is a full-time position (from November - April), $350.00/week, 40
hours/week.

The successful candidate will receive training and mentorship in
marketing, fundraising and strategic planning, while being provided with
networking opportunities. As well as gaining an excellent knowledge of
the arts, after completing the position, Odyssey's Administrative Intern
would be qualified for numerous exciting positions in the
not-for-profit, private and government sectors. This position is also a
fantastic stepping-stone to a career in the arts and to succeed as an
arts administrator.

Please submit a cover letter, resume; and two samples of you writing
with references by
Friday, September 21, 2007 to:
Dana Uzarevic
General Manager