E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Aug 28 14:41:29 EDT 2008

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - PLAYWRIGHTS - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC

Contact name: Natasha Nadir
Contact email: artisticassociate at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 604 247 4974
Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com
Production name: SceneFirst
Deadline to submit: 10/15/2008
Date production rehearsal/job starts:
Audition dates:

Additional information:
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: ATTENTION PLAYWRIGHTS

Gateway Theatre invites submissions from established and emerging
Canadian playwrights for SceneFirst, our New Play Development Program.
Now into its fourth season, SceneFirst focuses on developing and
producing new works as well as providing developmental support for many
other works in progress.  Last year we received over 70 submissions and
four were selected for public readings.

Scripts selected for SceneFirst will receive a short workshop and staged
reading in late March 2009, and will be automatically short-listed for
production in our upcoming seasons.

Playwrights whose scripts are selected are encouraged to attend the
workshop and staged reading.  An honourarium will be provided to
writers, however travel is the responsibility of the artist.

Deadline for Submissions: October 15, 2008.
Scripts should be mailed to:
SCENEFIRST
Gateway Theatre
6500 Gilbert Road,
Richmond, B.C.V7C 3V4

For more information regarding SceneFirst please email
artisticassociate at gatewaytheatre.com
or call  604-247-4974.

Further details available on our website at www.gatewaytheatre.com

communications at caea.com