[e-drive] E-DRIVE [WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 4]

CAEA News Bulletin Service caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jul 4 12:12:19 EDT 2008

WORKSHOP DIGEST FOR THE WEEK OF JULY 4
1. FIND YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE - TORONTO
2. BUSINESS OF ACTING INTENSIVE - TORONTO
3. IVANA CHUBBUCK TECHNIQUE - TORONTO
4. READY, FIRE, AIM! - TORONTO

1. FIND YOUR COMPETITIVE EDGE - TORONTO
Getting HIRED as much as you'd like? Are the jobs you get the jobs you
WANT? Agent GETTING YOU SEEN? Feel like giving up on yourself? DON'T.

This interactive workshop provides SHORTCUTS & TOOLS to kick it up to
the next level.
Cost: $375  *($300 CAEA) + Barbara Deutsch CD
Dates: July 12-13

***Check out website for testimonials from clients---you'll recognize
their names.
More info / register: WWW.BDAPPROACH.COM (events)
2. BUSINESS OF ACTING INTENSIVE - TORONTO
Award-winning actor, teacher, director Benson Simonds will give a
one-day BUSINESS OF ACTING INTENSIVE Tuesday July 15. A kick-butt
get-your-career-in-gear workshop. Learn how to sell and market yourself,
set goals and leave with a one-year action plan. Don't spend another
year waiting by the phone--take control NOW!
$125 (20% discount for Equity members = $100). Includes a FREE workbook.
Contact Jaya Karsemeyer jayajohanna at gmail.com
416-845-0428
3. IVANA CHUBBUCK TECHNIQUE - TORONTO
Benson Simmonds, one of Canada's only teachers of the IVANA CHUBBUCK
acting technique, is coming to T.O. to teach a 2-day workshop Thursday
July 10 (5-11pm) and Sunday July 13 (2-8pm).
PRICE is $275 for two full days (20% Equity discount = $220). Please
register now so I can send you your scenes to prepare for class!
I'm Benson's assistant for his Toronto classes: contact me Jaya at
jayajohanna at gmail.com (416) 845-0428 with any questions.
4. READY, FIRE, AIM! - TORONTO
READY, FIRE, AIM!
A mask & physical theatre workshop for the trigger-happy performer in
YOU!

Sonia Norris: Le Jeu/Clown, Mask Theatre
Peter Ryan: Contact Improvisation, Ball Work

This workshop will focus on extending beyond our normal limits and will
explore the pleasure in daring to take action.
DATES:    Monday July 14th - Friday July 18th 2008
10am - 4pm
COST: $300 - 20% discount for Equity members
LOCATION:   Toronto location TBA
CONTACT:   berrytheclown at hotmail.com

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com