[e-drive] E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - DORA AWARD MEMORIAL MOMENT]

CAEA News Bulletin Service caea-l at list.web.net
Wed May 28 11:58:16 EDT 2008

--------------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - DORA AWARD MEMORIAL MOMENT
--------------------------
Deadline June 2, 2008

This year's 29th Annual Dora Mavor Moore Awards take place on Monday June 30th, 2008 at the Winter Garden Theatre.  The Dora Awards celebrate artistic excellence on Toronto stages, honouring outstanding artists in theatre, dance and opera in 5 divisions and 35 categories.

The Memorial Moment is an important, long standing tradition at the Dora Award Show Ceremony. Last year, we introduced a new approach for the Memorial Moment that included displaying photographs and/or names of individuals who had passed away in the past year.  This includes people who worked in all aspects of Toronto theatre, opera, and dance, not just those onstage. Based on the tremendous feedback we received on the new format for the Memorial Moment, we are planning to do the same again this year.

WE NEED YOUR HELP.  This is a call to the Toronto performing arts community to help us acknowledge those individuals who have passed away during the 2007 - 2008 season or from June 1, 2007 until the present.   If you know of someone who should be part of the memorial moment, please send us their names and, if possible, a photograph, plus their affiliation.

Please send the names and photos of those you would like to see recognized onstage to
Alexis Da Silva-Powell at alexisdsp at tapa.ca by Monday June 2, 2008.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Alexis directly at TAPA (Toronto Association for the Performing Arts)
416.536.6468 ext. 30.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com