EQUIFLASH [FEDERAL LEADERS DEBATE ARTS AND CULTURE ISSUES]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Oct 3 20:01:51 EDT 2008

-------------------------
FEDERAL LEADERS DEBATE ARTS AND CULTURE ISSUES
-------------------------
Congratulations to all Equity members who proposed arts and culture
questions to the organizers of the federal election English language
leaders' debate.

The following question from Dale Anne Potter of Morse, Saskatchewan was
one of eight key issues discussed on October 3rd: "I'm an artist and I
have friends who are artists. We would like to know what the arts mean
to each of you and what kind of funding there will be in your budget."

To see the arts portion of the English language debate go to CBC Canada
Votes (http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/) and click on the "Leaders'
English Debate" under Audio and Video clips.  You may need to page
through the available video clips to find the complete debate video.

The arts question is at minute 58:45.

Visit http://www.caea.com/ and click on the "I vote arts and culture"
icon for continuing election updates, suggested candidate questions and
media coverage on arts and culture issues of importance to Equity
members.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
communications at caea.com