E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR - VANCOUVER PLAYHOUSE THEATRE COMPANY - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Apr 16 15:13:05 EDT 2009

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR - VANCOUVER PLAYHOUSE THEATRE COMPANY -
VANCOUVER, BC
Contact name: Chelsea McPeake
Contact email: cmcpeake at vancouverplayhouse.com
Contact phone: 604-637-3101
Website: www.vancouverplayhouse.com
Production name: THE MIRACLE WORKER
Deadline to submit: 05/01/2009
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 09/14/2009
Audition dates: May 2009

Additional information:
AUDITION NOTICE

The Playhouse Theatre Company, Vancouver is pleased to announce a Call
for Submissions for our upcoming production of THE MIRACLE WORKER, by
William Gibson.  The production will be directed by Meg Roe.

Relevant Dates:
AUDITION DATES:  May 2009
Rehearsals begin:  September 14, 2009
Previews:  October 10-14, 2009
Opening:  October 15, 2009
Closing:  October 31, 2009

We are auditioning for the roles in the Character Breakdown below:

We invite resumes from artists of diverse cultures and ethnicities.

ANNIE SULLIVAN - 20-40 yrs old
KATE (Helen's Mother) - 20-40 yrs old
CAPTAIN KELLER (Helen's Father) - 35-50 yrs old
JAMES (Helen's Brother) - 18-30 yrs old
VINEY (The Keller's Servant) - 20-50 years old
PERCY (Viney's Son) 8-20 years old
AUNT EV - 30-60 yrs old
DOCTOR

Please submit your headshot and resume to:

MIRACLE WORKER AUDITIONS
Playhouse Theatre Company
127 East 2nd Avenue
Vancouver, BC  V5T 1B4

Thank you for your submission.  Only those selected for an audition will
be contacted.

There is a copy of the script available to read at the Production Centre
or you may request a reading copy via email to
cmcpeake at vancouverplayhouse.com

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com