E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - A NEW JEWISH PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL - HAROLD GREEN JEWISH THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Oct 22 12:16:05 EDT 2009

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - A NEW JEWISH PLAYWRIGHTS FESTIVAL - HAROLD GREEN
JEWISH THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON
Contact name: Harold Green Jewish Theatre Company
Contact email: info at hgjewishtheatre.com
Contact phone: 416-932-9995
Website: www.hgjewishtheatre.com
Production name: In the Beginning: A Jewish Playwrights Festival
Deadline to submit: 12/15/2009
Date production rehearsal/job starts:
Audition dates:

Additional information:
In the Beginning will open the door for groundbreaking Jewish voices.
The festival will be March 1-4, 2010 in Toronto. Four playwrights will
workshop their script and receive one public staged reading. Our goal is
to further the development of pieces from In the Beginning and
potentially move them forward to a full Mainstage production at the
Harold Green Jewish Theater Company.

The Playwright
-Must be a Canadian citizen
-Must identify themselves as Jewish
-We strongly encourage established and emerging playwrights to submit

The Play
-Must be a minimum of 60 minutes
-Must be in English
-It is preferred that the play consist of Jewish content
-Plays that have been produced in a full production aren't eligible,
plays that have been previously workshopped are welcome

Submission Guidelines
-Submit a full script
-Submit a letter of intent providing a synopsis of your script,
identifying yourself as an established or emerging artist and answering
'Why you want to be part of In the Beginning'

Deadline: December 15, 2009 by 5:00pm

Send to:
Attn: In the Beginning Script Submission
Harold Green Jewish Theatre Company
2453 Yonge St. Suite 103
Toronto ON M4P 2E8

communications at caea.com