e-drive [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - SINGER/ACTOR/MUSICIAN - SMILE THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Sep 3 15:27:17 EDT 2009

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS - SINGER/ACTOR/MUSICIAN - SMILE THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON
Contact name: Jim Betts
Contact email: jbetts at smiletheatre.com
Contact phone: 416 599-8440 ext 223
Website: smiletheatre.com
Production name: The Raging Grannies
Deadline to submit: 09/11/2009
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 02/08/2010
Audition dates: September 18, 2009

Additional information:
Smile Theatre invites submissions for our Spring 2010 production of THE RAGING GRANNIES, a new musical by Lezlie Wade.  Production dates are February 8th to at least April 24th, and perhaps as late as May 15th.

We are looking for three multi-talented women who are some combination of singers-actors-musicians-songwriters.  We are hoping that the three women who perform in this show will also write the songs and accompany themselves (perhaps with guitars, mandolins, accordions, tubas, kazoos, ukuleles, or ?) on tour.  (Although age is not a restriction, the show is about women old enough to be grandmothers.)

Auditions are currently scheduled for September 18th, 2009.

Please submit photos and resumés by email to Smile Artistic Director Jim Betts at jbetts at smiletheatre.com, or by mail to P.O. Box 12, 260 Adelaide St. E., Toronto M5A 1N1.  Please note that Smile Theatre has moved. Our offices are now located at 97 George St., Toronto M5A 2N4.

(Smile Theatre operates under a modified TYA contract within the ITA.)
Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

communications at caea.com