EQUIFLASH [CANADIAN SENIOR ARTISTS - TOWN HALL MEETINGS - ATLANTIC REGION]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Sep 9 16:20:13 EDT 2009

CANADIAN SENIOR ARTISTS - TOWN HALL MEETINGS - ATLANTIC REGION

The situation and needs of Canadian senior artists -Town hall discussions:

HALIFAX

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 7 PM - 9 PM

Art Gallery of Nova Scotia, Program Room

CHARLOTTETOWN

Friday, September 18, 2009 - 9 AM - 11 AM

Confederation Centre, Studio 2

If you are an artist and 60 or over, please participate in this action-oriented research project about artists in all disciplines.

A distinguished group of Canadian arts organizations (listed below) is looking for ways to do more to support Canada's senior artists (that is, those who are 65 and over).

We need your help! Please assist us by participating in this first-ever assessment of the situation and needs of senior artists in Canada.

We invite artists 60 and over to participate in a "town hall" discussion about their needs and interests in areas such as artistic activity, health care, housing, retirement, financial issues, community connections and social networks.

The arts organizations will use this information while working to improve current services or establish new services for artists in Canada. Your input will help us design services that best meet artists' needs and interests.

We cannot design services without the input and suggestions of as many senior artists as possible! Whether or not you are able to attend the session, we also invite you to complete a survey of the needs and interests of senior artists, available at www.SeniorArtists.ca <https://owa.caea.com/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.seniorartists.ca/>  (as of September 16th).

The research is being conducted by Hill Strategies Research on behalf of the Senior Artists Research Project. You can contact Kelly Hill of Hill Strategies at kelly at hillstrategies.com <mailto:kelly at hillstrategies.com>  or 1-877-445-5494.

Thanks! And please spread the word to other artists you know.

The Steering Committee for this project includes:

·        Actors' Fund of Canada

·        Alliance of Canadian Cinema, Television and Radio Artists (ACTRA)

·        American Federation of Musicians, Canada

·        Canadian Actors' Equity Association

·        Canadian Artists' Representation (CARFAC)

·        Canadian Music Centre

·        Cultural Careers Council of Ontario

·        Dancer Transition Resource Centre

·        Directors Guild of Canada

·        PAL Canada Foundation

·        Union des artistes

·        Writers Guild of Canada

·        Writers' Union of Canada

·        Carol Anderson (Dance Artist/Writer/Educator)

Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
communications at caea.com