EQUIFLASH [ARDEN'S NOTEBOOK - AUGUST 10 - LOBBYING, POLICY WORK AND THE THREAT OF CENSORSHIP IN OUR THEATRES.]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Aug 10 14:05:31 EDT 2010

---------------------------
ARDEN'S NOTEBOOK - AUGUST 10 - LOBBYING, POLICY WORK AND THE THREAT OF
CENSORSHIP IN OUR THEATRES.
 ---------------------------

Arden R. Ryshpan, Equity's Executive Director, adds another instalment
to 'Arden's Notebook,' a casual, periodic online correspondence with the
Equity membership.

August 10 - I am not a big fan of the current administration in Ottawa.
That has nothing to do with my political persuasion. Or theirs. I
wouldn't be a fan of ANY administration that continued to ignore our
sector, other than to make pointless cuts to programs that were already
underfunded. I wouldn't be a fan of any administration that fails to see
the value our sector brings to the country. Just for balance, I have to
say I was taken aback (that's the polite phrasing) when Michael
Ignatieff tried to position himself recently as a struggling freelancer
in the arts and culture sector...

Members are urged to visit EQUITYONLINE at http://www.caea.com to read
this new installment of Arden's Notebook.

Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
www.caea.com