E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - WESTERN CANADA THEATRE - KAMLOOPS, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Apr 5 11:26:10 EDT 2011

AUDITION NOTICE - WESTERN CANADA THEATRE - KAMLOOPS, BC

Production name: Noises Off
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 02/06/2012
Audition date: 05/16/2011
Deadline to submit: 04/29/2011
Email applications to: info at westerncanadatheatre.bc.ca
Contact name: Julian Michell
Contact email: info at westerncanadatheatre.bc.ca
Contact phone: 250-372-3216
Engager Website: www.wctlive.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We encourage artists from all ethno-cultural backgrounds to apply.

Additional information:
Western Canada Theatre is holding auditions for our production of NOISES
OFF by Michael Frayn, directed by Daryl Cloran.

Auditions will take place in Vancouver on May 16.

We are currently looking to fill the following roles -

Lloyd Dallas: (40-60 years old) The director of the play, Nothing On.
Temperamental.

Brooke Ashton: (20 - 30 years old) Young inexperienced actress. Pays no
attention to other performers, rarely takes stage direction, and
continues performing regardless of any other action onstage. Is always
losing her contact lenses. Spends most of the play in just her
underwear.

Selsdon Mowbray: (60+ years old) An elderly alcoholic man who hides his
bottles onstage. Grandiose style of acting (when he can remember his
lines)

Timothy Allgood: (25-45 years old) An over-worked Stage Manager.

Interested applicants are requested to submit their headshot and resume
via email to : info at westerncanadatheatre.bc.ca

Selected applicants will be contacted to arrange an audition time. For
the audition each performer will be asked to prepare a selected scene
from the script.

Contract dates: February 6 - March 3, 2012

Western Canada Theatre's 2011/12 season will be announced March 31,
2011.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com