E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - CONCRETE THEATRE SOCIETY - EDMONTON, AB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Apr 15 10:17:05 EDT 2011

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - CONCRETE THEATRE SOCIETY - EDMONTON, AB
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 05/30/2011
City: Edmonton

Audition day 2: 05/31/2011
City: Edmonton

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Caroline Howarth,
Mieko Ouchi, Tracy Carroll Deadline to submit: 04/19/2011 Email
applications to: gm at concretetheatre.ca Contact name: Debbie Giesbrecht
Contact email: gm at concretetheatre.ca Contact phone: 780-439-3905 Engager
website: www.concretetheatre.ca Link to detailed casting information:
http://www.concretetheatre.ca/Artists_Actors.html
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Concrete
Theatre's mandate includes producing culturally diverse Theatre for
Young Audiences, therefore we cast actors from diverse backgrounds
whenever possible.

Additional information: General Auditions take place in the Centennial
Room, lower level, Stanley A. Milner Library Building, 7 Sir Winston
Churchill Square, Edmonton.

20 minute time slots may be booked between 11 am and 8 pm. Please
prepare two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which is
Canadian. Total time 10 minutes. You may replace a monologue with a song
of your choosing, although there are no musicals in our upcoming season.
A CD player will be available. Please bring current headshot and resume.

2011-12 Season includes Offensive Fouls by Jason Long (characters
include one male, one culturally diverse female), Lig & Bittle by Elyne
Quan & Jared Matsunaga-Turnbull (characters include one male over 6' or
under 5' 4", one female over 6' or under 5' 4"), Are We There Yet? by
Jane Heather (characters include two males, two females) and the Sprouts
New Play Festival for Kids (casting tba).

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com