E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITIONS - THE BELFRY THEATRE - VICTORIA, BC (AUDITIONS IN VANCOUVER, BC)]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Dec 21 13:38:46 EST 2011

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITIONS - THE BELFRY THEATRE - VICTORIA, BC (AUDITIONS IN VANCOUVER, BC)
--------------------------------
Audition day 1: 01/17/2012
City: Vancouver

Audition day 2: 01/17/2012
City: Vancouver

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Michael Shamata
Deadline to submit: 01/09/2012
Email applications to: associate at belfry.bc.ca
Contact name: Erin Macklem
Contact email: associate at belfry.bc.ca
Contact phone: 250-385-6835 ex 243
Engager website: www.belfry.bc.ca
Link to detailed casting information: http://www.belfry.bc.ca/news/general-audition-notice-vancouver/
Agreement: CTA

Michael Shamata, Artistic Director of The Belfry Theatre, will be holding General Equity and Non-Equity Auditions:
When: Tuesday, January 17th, Wednesday, January 18th, 2012
Times: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Where: False Creek Community Centre's Youth Lounge, 1318 Cartwright Street, Vancouver, BC V6H 3R8

For the audition, please prepare two audition pieces of approximately three minutes in length. Our preference would be: one Canadian piece and one other of your choice - Canadian, classical, or contemporary American or British. Please no self-written pieces, or pieces from plays that have not been professionally produced.

Actors: Please forward your headshot and resume to the Belfry Theatre, "General Auditions" before deadline of January 9th, 2012, after which you will be contacted to book an audition time.  NO PHONE CALLS OR FAXES, PLEASE.
- Email: associate at belfry.bc.ca Subject: General Audition. Please keep file size under 1MB.
- Mail: The Belfry Theatre, 1291 Gladstone Ave, Victoria BC, V8T 1G5, attention General Auditions

Audition time priority will be given to Equity Members and Equity registered apprentices.

Please Note:
- We have a limited number of audition spots.  If you have not been notified of an audition time by January 10th, this means we don't have room to see you this time around.  Erin Macklem will call you ... we would prefer that you don't call her.
- To those who were seen at last season's General Auditions, priority will be given to those we have not yet seen.

The Belfry's 2012-13 Main Stage Season has not yet been announced. More info at:
http://www.belfry.bc.ca/news/general-audition-notice-vancouver/

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com