E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - GENERAL MANAGER - GUILD FESTIVAL THEATRE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Mar 22 15:54:18 EDT 2011

JOB NOTICE - GENERAL MANAGER - GUILD FESTIVAL THEATRE - TORONTO, ON
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 05/09/2011
Deadline to submit: 04/15/2011
Email applications to: info at guildfestivaltheatre.ca
Contact name: Sten Eirik
Contact email: info at guildfestivaltheatre.ca
Contact phone: 647-438-2060 x. 2
Engager Website: www.guildfestivaltheatre.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We are interested in meeting professionals who reflect the cultural
diversity of Toronto. It is part of our mandate to showcase 'the
classics for the modern theatre lover' on the premise that these stories
belong to everyone and that casting is based on the performer, without
regard for skin colour or ethnicity.

Additional information:
This marks the launch of an annual summer season of classics performed
on the open-air Greek Theatre stage in the Guildwood Gardens off
Kingston Road, Scarborough. Founding artistic director Sten Eirik will
direct a rare outdoor rendition of Chekhov's "The Cherry Orchard."
Rehearsals in June and performances July 1-31.

Guild Festival Theatre is a new non-profit organization that will
operate under the Independent Theatre Agreement.

The General Manager will report directly to the Artistic Director and
work closely with him in all aspects of administration, production and
community relations. This is our inaugural season and the successful
candidate for this position must be a resourceful, collaborative
problem-solver who is willing to be flexible and creative when faced
with logistics, time management and other challenges. Experience with
artists' payroll and contract negotiation is essential. The General
Manager will also be expected to provide leadership and training for
community volunteers, as well as performing a range of office-based
administrative tasks.

This year's contract is for 13 weeks. In future years, we hope to
establish a 5-month annual position for the General Manager.

Please note: If email submission isn't possible, phone us to make
arrangements.

communications at caea.com