E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - SINGER ACTORS - FUGUE THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon May 30 14:36:34 EDT 2011

AUDITION NOTICE - SINGER ACTORS - FUGUE THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC
Production name: SUPERNATURAL NOIR
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 10/03/2011
Audition date: 06/20/2011
Audition date 2: 06/21/2011
Deadline to submit: 06/05/2011
Email applications to: contact at fugue.biz
Contact name: Laura Di Cicco
Contact email: contact at fugue.biz
Contact phone: 604.734.1441
Engager Website: http://fugue.biz

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Applicants from all ethno-cultural backgrounds are encouraged to apply.

Additional information:
Fugue Theatre is holding audition for Vancouver-based singers for its
upcoming production of SUPERNATURAL NOIR, an original operetta noir.

We require strong singers with good acting skills. Singers should be
able to sing in either the legit or classical/operatic style. Performers
need to be able to read music.

Two roles are open for this production: one male and one female.

SOPRANO - she is a femme fatale, seductress.
Able to play 30-40

BARITONE. Director of Communications, Office of the Premier, smooth
political type.
Able to play 40-60

Please prepare 1 song from the new music opera or pre-1950 musical
theatre repertoire, not longer than 2 minutes. Those selected for an
audition will also be required to prepare an aria selection from the
show. The aria will be e-mailed to the candidates and we will not expect
it to be memorized.

An accompanist will be provided.

Please see our Facebook page for more information:
https://www.facebook.com/fuguetheatre

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com