E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR/PUPPETEERS - SCAPEGOAT CARNIVALE THEATRE - MONTREAL, QB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Nov 10 12:14:32 EST 2011

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTOR/PUPPETEERS - SCAPEGOAT CARNIVALE THEATRE -
MONTREAL, QB
Production name: The Heretics of Bohemia
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 03/12/2012
Audition date: 11/18/2011
Audition date 2: 11/20/2011
Deadline to submit: 11/18/2011
Email applications to: general at scapegoatcarnivaletheatre.com
Contact name: Alison Darcy
Contact email: general at scapegoatcarnivaletheatre.com
Contact phone: 514-582-3182
Engager Website: www.scapegoatcarnivaletheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We are seeking 10 performers for this ENSEMBLE piece, all of whom must
display some capacity to manipulate and voice puppets of various sizes.
While 3 roles are 'human', even these actors will be required to do some
puppetry, as there are upwards of 25 characters in the play. Scapegoat
Carnivale is a strong proponent of both cross-gender and cross-cultural
casting.

No prior puppetry experience is required, however agility with movement
and a capacity to learn object manipulation is an asset. We are happy to
meet with actors who are new to our company, as well those we know well.

Additional information:
Scapegoat Carnivale Theatre is announcing auditions for our upcoming
production of Joseph Shragge's new play The Heretics of Bohemia, to be
directed by Alison Darcy, with puppet direction by Zach Fraser.

The play will be presented from the 2nd to the 19th of May, 2012 in the
Studio space at the Segal Centre (Scapegoat Carnivale Theatre is their
resident company for 2011/12).

Auditions will be held between 10am - 5pm on Friday, November 18 and
Sunday, November 20, 2011. Call-backs will be held on Wednesday,
November 23, between 1pm - 6pm.

Please submit a headshot and resume, including times during our audition
days that you are NOT available. All texts should be committed to
memory, especially for the puppet roles, as you will be asked to
manipulate one during the audition. All puppets will be supplied by us.
You are not required to bring anything of that nature to the audition.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com