E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - GUILD FESTIVAL THEATRE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Apr 17 12:47:40 EDT 2012

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - GUILD FESTIVAL THEATRE - TORONTO, ON
Production name: Clouds over T.O.
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 06/11/2012
Audition date: 05/04/2012
Audition date 2: 05/08/2012
Deadline to submit: 05/02/2012
Email applications to: info at guildfestivaltheatre.ca
Contact name: Sten Eirik
Contact email: info at guildfestivaltheatre.ca
Contact phone: 647-438-2060 x 2
Engager Website: www.guildfestivaltheatre.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We are interested in meeting actors who reflect the cultural diversity
of Ontario. It is part of our mandate to showcase 'the classics for the
modern theatre lover' on the premise that these stories belong to
everyone.

Additional information:
The 2nd summer season of classics performed on the open-air Greek
Theatre stage at the Guild Inn Gardens off Kingston Road, Scarborough.
Sten Eirik will direct a brand-new contemporary version of Aristophanes'
comedy classic "The Clouds," with original songs by award-winner David
Buchbinder.

Equity members will be engaged under the Guest Artist Policy.

FERGUS, in his 50's, a self-made entrepreneur but a country boy at
heart. Strong singer required.
ROYCE, early to mid-20's, his son. A city boy with expensive tastes.
DR. B. S. KROC, director of the Therapy Institute of Spin.
Plus several supporting roles, strong singers preferred.

Please note: We're scouting for an actor who is also a keyboard player,
able to read sheet music fluently. If this describes you, please mark it
clearly on your submission.

Send photo + resume by email only. Actors selected for an audition will
be asked to present a comedic monologue of max. 2 minutes + read from
sides for our show. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING A HARDCOPY PHOTO + RESUME
TO THE AUDITION.

To those performers whom we're not able to contact this time around, we
give thanks for your interest and will keep your materials for future
consideration.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com