E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN - FU-GEN THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Feb 21 14:39:00 EST 2012

JOB NOTICE - ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN - FU-GEN THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO,
ON
Deadline to submit: 02/29/2012
Email applications to: info at fu-gen.org
Contact name: Carin Lowerison
Contact email: carin at fu-gen.org
Contact phone: 416-920-2828
Engager Website: fu-gen.org

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
fu-GEN is a charitable, not-for-profit theatre company dedicated to the
development of professional Asian-Canadian theatre artists through the
production of new and established works. Our vision is to  be a home for
Asian Canadian theatre artists and their work. We exist to make our
artists and our stories visible in the theatre community, the Toronto
community, and the Canadian community at large. In nine years, we have
become the premiere producer of Asian-Canadian theatre in Canada and
have built a reputation of artistic excellence with 17 Dora Mavor Moore
nominations.

Additional information:
Through the generous support of TD Canada Trust, fu-GEN Theatre Company
is offering a nine-month Administrative Intern position beginning in
March 2012. This opportunity is ideal for a recent graduate with a
passion for theatre who wants to build a diverse skill set in arts
administration through mentorship with Canada's foremost Asian Canadian
theatre company. This position offers a valuable training opportunity in
a not-for-profit model.

The successful candidate will report directly to the General Manager and
the Artistic Director and assisting with special events celebrating
fu-GEN's 10th Anniversary Season.

Duties and responsibilities will include:
*       Updating headshot and resume files
*       Organizing and Maintaining Company Archives
*       Networking and liaising with various community partners
*       Assistance with marketing and fundraising initiatives
*       Attending fu-GEN events and acting as an ambassador for the
company
*       Support staff for fu-GEN events and fundraisers
*       Managing volunteers for various events
*       General office duties as assigned

This is a part-time position (from March 2012 to December 2012), at
$14/hour, approx. 20 hours per week on average. Hours per week will
adjust according to the level of activity.

Please submit a cover letter and resume by February 29, 2012 to
info at fu-gen.org

communications at caea.com