E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - GEORDIE PRODUCTIONS - MONTREAL, QC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Jul 19 16:48:43 EDT 2012

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.
AUDITION NOTICE - GEORDIE PRODUCTIONS - MONTREAL, QC

Production name: Robin Hood
Deadline to submit: 08/03/2012
Email applications to: auditions at geordie.ca
Contact name: Katharine Childs
Contact email: auditions at geordie.ca
Contact phone: 514-845-9810
Engager Website: www.geordie.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Geordie is committed to casting people of all shapes & colours.

Additional information:
A new adaptation of the classic Robin Hood by playwright Paula Wing, directed by Dean P. Fleming.  Performing December 6th (preview) to December 16th with possible extension to December 23rd at C2 at Centaur Theatre (Montreal).

We will be casting 6 male actors: Robin Hood (age 30-40), Little John (age 25-40), Friar Tuck (age 40-55), King Richard (age 25-40), Prince John (age 25-40), and the Sheriff of Nottingham (age 35-45)

We will be casting 3 female actors: Lady Marion (age 25-35), Midge (age 25-35), and Queen Eleanor/Widow Oddly (age 45-65).

Full character descriptions are available at: http://geordie.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Robin-Hood-Public-Audition-Call.pdf

The play will be physical with battles and sword fights.

We are interested in seeing actors who have worked for Geordie and those who haven't. We are only able to see Equity members and apprentices for these auditions.

Please send headshots & resumés to auditions at geordie.ca

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
communications at caea.com