E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - THEATRE CALGARY / CITADEL THEATRE - CALGARY, AB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Mar 7 13:51:22 EST 2012

AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - THEATRE CALGARY / CITADEL THEATRE - CALGARY,
AB
Production name: The Kite Runner
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 12/31/2012 Audition date:
03/26/2012 Audition date 2: 03/28/2012 Audition date 3: 03/29/2012
Audition date 4: 03/30/2012 Audition date 5: 04/09/2012 Deadline to
submit: 03/16/2012 Email applications to: smcnairreid at theatrecalgary.com
Contact name: Susan McNair Reid Contact email:
smcnairreid at theatrecalgary.com Contact phone: 403-294-7440 ext 1053
Engager Website: www.theatrecalgary.com

Additional information:
CHARACTER BREAKDOWN
(Please note that all actors, except the man playing Amir, will play
multiple roles and only the primary role is listed below.  Also note
that all characters are Afghani.)

Men (10):
AMIR:  40ish, Afghan Pashtun
BABA:  40s in Act I, 50s in Act II, Afghan Pashtun, Amir's father RAHIM
KHAN:  40ish in Act I, 60s in Act II, Afghan Pashtun, Baba's business
partner YOUNG AMIR:  12*, Afghan Pashtun, Hassan's best friend,
HASSAN:  11*, Afghan Hazara**, Young Amir's servant and best friend
ALI:  40s, Afghan Hazara**, Baba's servant, Hassan's father
ASSEF:  12* in Act I, 38 in Act II, Afghan Pashtun GENERAL TAHERI:
mid-50s, Afghan Pashtun
WALI:  12*, Afghan Pashtun, (other characters are adults)
KAMAL:  12*, Afghan Pashtun, (other characters are adults) *These young
characters will be played by adults. **Hazaras are Mogul descendents and
thus have more Asian features than the Pashtuns.

Women (2):
SORAYA:  early 20s to late 30s over the course of the play, Afghan
Pashtun, Amir's wife
ENSEMBLE:  40s - 50s, Afghan Pashtun

AUDITION DATES (to be confirmed):
EDMONTON:  Monday, March 26, 2012
TORONTO:  Wednesday, March 28 thru Friday, March 30, 2012
CALGARY:   Monday, April 9, 2012

Go to http://www.theatrecalgary.com/contact/auditions_employment/ for
further details

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com