E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - GATEWAY THEATRE (3 NOTICES) - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Aug 14 13:47:19 EDT 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

JOB NOTICE - GATEWAY THEATRE (3 NOTICES) - RICHMOND, BC
1. FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER (P/T) - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC
2. THEATRE CONCESSION SERVER (P/T) - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC
3. BOX OFFICE ATTENDANT - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC

1. FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER (P/T) - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC
Deadline to submit: 08/30/2013
Email applications to: kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Kent McAlister
Contact email: kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 604-247-4977
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
To apply for this position, respond to Kent McAlister, Volunteer & Audience Services Supervisor, with a resume and a letter of intent detailing specific reasons why you would be the ideal candidate for the position. The position is part-time with daytime, evening & weekend hours available.

Gateway Theatre, 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4 or kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com

We do not accept applications by fax.  No phone calls please.  We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.  Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity.

Additional information:
Front of House Manager
Part-time

As a FOH Manager at Gateway, you will:
* Take direction from the Volunteer & Audience Services Supervisor.
* Supervise Theatre Concession Servers during events; including opening and closing reconciliation at the concession.
* Supervise Volunteers during events; hosting pre-show briefings and trouble-shooting safety and service issues.
* Liaise with Production, Maintenance, and Box Office staff to ensure the smooth operation of all events, including start times, intermission lengths, and special patron or client needs.
* Prepare Front of House Manager reports.
* Represent Gateway in a professional, inclusive, and welcoming manner at all times.
* Uphold Gateway policies, including implementation of fire and safety emergency procedures.

Qualifications:
* You are over 19 years of age and possess a valid "Serving It Right" certificate.
* You have outstanding customer service and communication skills.
* You are comfortable working alone as well as leading a team of up to 20 people.
* You are energetic, friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic about sharing live performance.
* You are bondable.
* We prefer that you have prior FOH Manager experience.
* Asian language skills are an asset (Cantonese and Mandarin preferred).

Email applications to: kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Kent McAlister
Contact email: kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 604-247-4977
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
To apply for this position, respond to Kent McAlister, Volunteer & Audience Services Supervisor, with a resume and a letter of intent detailing specific reasons why you would be the ideal candidate for the position. The position is part-time with daytime, evening and weekend hours available.

Gateway Theatre, 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4 or kmcalister at gatewaytheatre.com

We do not accept applications by fax.  No phone calls please.  We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.  Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity.

Additional information:
As a Theatre Concession Server at Gateway, you will:
* Take direction from the Front of House Manager.
* Serve food and beverages to theatre patrons in a fast-paced environment.
* Ensure proper accounting and controls of concession products; reconciling cash sales at the beginning and end of shifts.
* Represent Gateway in a professional, inclusive, and welcoming manner at all times.
* Uphold Gateway policies and procedures; including health & safety procedures and liquor control policies.

Qualifications:
* You are over 19 years of age and possess a valid "Serving It Right" certificate.
* You have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* You are friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic about sharing live performance.
* You are bondable.
* You are able to lift heavy bar supplies on occasion.
* We prefer that you have prior bartending or service experience, as well as experience in the arts and cultural sector.

Email applications to: bprost at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Brendan Prost
Contact email: bprost at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 604-247-4976
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
To apply for this position, respond to Brendan Prost, Box Office Supervisor, with a resume and a letter of intent detailing specific reasons why you would be the ideal candidate for the position.

Gateway Theatre, 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4 or bprost at gatewaytheatre.com

We do not accept applications by fax.  No phone calls please.  We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.  Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity.

Additional information:
As a Box Office Attendant, you will:
* Process ticket sales (in advance and at door), donations, subscriptions, course registrations, memberships and any other financial transaction that requires a Theatre Manager record.
* Provide front line communication to the general public regarding Gateway Theatre and its programs.
* Work with other Gateway staff to facilitate patron and client service.
* Solicit sales by sharing your enthusiasm for live theatre with every patron you talk to, suggesting tickets to additional shows and membership add-ons, and through other campaigns devised by the Gateway Theatre team.
* Reconcile cash and credit card sales at the end of shifts, as well as other end-of-day facility lock-up procedures.
* Represent the theatre and society in a professional manner.

Qualifications:
* You have excellent customer service and communication skills.
* You are bondable.
* You are friendly, flexible, and enthusiastic about sharing live performance.
* You are comfortable working alone.
* You have a familiarity with MS Office software.
* We prefer that you have prior box office experience, particularly with the Theatre Manager ticketing system.
* Asian language skills are an asset (Cantonese and Mandarin preferred).

communications at caea.com