E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - PERFORMER/PUPPETEER - ARTICHOKE HEART COLLECTIVE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Feb 11 14:20:04 EST 2013

AUDITION NOTICE - PERFORMER/PUPPETEER - ARTICHOKE HEART COLLECTIVE -
TORONTO, ON
Production name: We Walk Among You
Deadline to submit: 02/28/2013
Email applications to: artichokeheartcollective at gmail.com
Contact name: Michelle Urbano
Contact email: artichokeheartcollective at gmail.com
Contact phone: 416-735-1271
Engager Website: www.artichokeheartcollective.wordpress.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We encourage submissions from performers of all ages, genders, races,
cultures and tooth paste preferences.

Additional information:
Artichoke Heart Collective seeks performers/puppeteers for We Walk Among
You.

We Walk Among You has been workshopped 3 times over the past 2 years,
including at Puppetmongers' Fresh Ideas festival and Les Trois Jours de
Casteliers international puppetry festival.  It has since been developed
into a full length show through the Cahoots Playwrights' HotHouse under
the mentorship of Nina Lee Aquino.

We are seeking performers, all of whom must display some capacity to
manipulate and voice puppets of various sizes.  We are interested in
meeting performers who are new to our company as well as those we have
worked with before.

Please note: No prior puppetry experience is required. However, agility
with movement and a capacity to learn object manipulation is an asset.

The show will be presented in Montreal from June 13th to 23rd and
rehearsals will take place during the month prior.  Performers must be
available to stay in Montreal for the duration of the run.

Please send headshot and resume by email only with "WWAY Audition" in
subject.  Please state any prior puppetry, physical theatre or dance
experience.
Only those selected for an audition will be contacted.

Auditions will be held: Week of March 11, 2013

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com
http://www.caea.com <http://www.caea.com/>