E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - OUTREACH COORDINATOR - RICHMOND ARTS COORDINATOR - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Feb 22 16:28:43 EST 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

JOB NOTICE - OUTREACH COORDINATOR - RICHMOND ARTS COORDINATOR - RICHMOND, BC
Deadline to submit: 03/01/2013
Email applications to: rac at richmondartscoalition.com
Contact name: Jean Garnett
Contact email: rac at richmondartscoalition.com
Contact phone: 604-277-1130
Engager Website: www.richmondartscoalition.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Please send your resume and a cover letter outlining your community building experience and what you feel you could achieve during this project.  Email to rac at richmondartscoalition.com or mail to Richmond Arts Coalition, 6500 Gilbert Rd, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4.

Applications must be received by February 28, 2013.  Interviews will take place in early March.

Additional information:
In order to improve our outreach to the Arts community and our ability to advocate for the Arts in Richmond, we wish to contract an Outreach Coordinator for the period March to November 2013 to:
*Contact artists and arts organizations in Richmond and create a database
*Create, distribute and collate surveys
*Organize two forums
*Summarize the discussions and surveys and report to RAC
*Recommend strategies to improve RAC's outreach and advocacy for the Arts

We are looking for an energetic self-starter who has:
*Familiarity with Richmond
*Good relationships in the community
*Excellent verbal and written communication skills
*Experience in collaboration and community building
*Interest or practice in some form of the Arts or Arts Administration
*Computer literacy
*Experience in this type of project
*The time flexibility to be up and running by mid-March

It would also be an asset to have:
*English plus Mandarin or Cantonese
*Experience with Microsoft Access database program

The successful candidate will receive a contract (outlining guidelines, criteria for success and payment schedule) and a fee for service of $6,000 for the project.

communications at caea.com