E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - PRODUCTION MANAGER - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Jul 4 10:48:42 EDT 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

JOB NOTICE - PRODUCTION MANAGER - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC

Deadline to submit: 07/26/2013
Email applications to: ad at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Jovanni Sy
Contact email: ad at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 604-270-6500
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
To apply for this position, respond to Jovanni Sy, Artistic Director with a resume and a letter of intent detailing specific reasons why you would be the ideal candidate for the position.
Gateway Theatre, 6500 Gilbert Road, Richmond, BC, V7C 3V4 ad at gatewaytheatre.com

We do not accept applications by Fax.  No phone calls please.   We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date:   July 26, 2013
Gateway Theatre is committed employment equity.

Additional information:
Position: Production Manager
Start Date: late August/September 2013

Reporting to the AD, the successful candidate is responsible for managing the production department. We are looking for someone who has excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and believes in the mission and core values of the company.  As we are restructuring the department, the ideal candidate will have experience in production management and understand the various aspects of a production department but need not be an expert in all areas.

DUTIES TO INCLUDE:
* Planning -short and long term
* Communications
* Human Resource duties including recruitment, contracting and management of:
o  Production Crew
o  Creative Teams
o  Stage Management
* Scheduling
* Budget Creation and Management
* Health & Safety
* Asset management of production equipment and supplies

QUALIFICATIONS:
We are looking for a mature, reliable, and friendly individual who:
* Is an excellent communicator both verbally and in writing
* Has produced theatre in some capacity
* Has proven planning/scheduling skills
* Has knowledge of/connection with technical skills
* Is a successful manager of people
* Is detail oriented
* Has computer proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
* Is a global thinker with creative solutions

communications at caea.com