E-DRIVE [NOTICE - DIRECTING IN THE PERFORMING ARTS - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Jun 3 13:12:30 EDT 2013

NOTICE - DIRECTING IN THE PERFORMING ARTS - TORONTO, ON
Production name: Directing in the Performing Arts
Deadline to submit: 06/08/2013
Email applications to: justjessjohn at hotmail.com
Contact name: Jessica Johnson / Anna Migliarisi
Contact email: justjessjohn at hotmail.com
Contact phone: 416-462-0084
Engager Website: www.directingintheperformingarts.com

Additional information:

Directing in the Performing Arts Summit will approach the profession of
the director from a broad, interdisciplinary, international, and
integrated perspective. Working synergistically with entertainment
industry, we propose to identify, test, and (re)evaluate the
fundamentals of the director's art in various contexts (theatre, film,
opera, dance, and new media), and to translate this knowledge into a
viable working model that meets the needs of the 21st century.

In order to use this knowledge in a meaningful, relevant, competitive,
and financially sustainable manner, the new type of artistic leader
requires not only the technical mastery of the medium, but also soft
skills such as agility, communication, and an ability to work in teams.

Directing in the Performing Arts Summit will create a space for
established and aspiring artists and their audiences to engage in this
process in a way that bridges the gap between theory and practice and
promotes collaborations. The speakers and workshop leaders we are
bringing together reflect this commitment to integration. Our program is
structured as three overlapping spheres that encompass experiential
process, observation and mentoring, and lectures and seminars.

communications at caea.com