E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - CAHOOTS THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Mar 27 17:02:34 EDT 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - CAHOOTS THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON
Deadline to submit: 04/12/2013
Email applications to: apply at cahoots.ca
Contact name: Derrick Chua
Contact email: dchua at pathcom.com
Contact phone: 416-889-3398
Engager Website: www.cahoots.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Cahoots Theatre Company has been dedicated to the creation, development and production of new Canadian plays that reflect our cultural diversity for 26 years.  Cahoots' believes that theatre should reflect the richness, diversity, and complexity that we live daily. Diversity means more than race or nation of origin or ethnicity. It also encompasses gender, sexual orientation, ability, language, and class.

Additional information:
Job Description

Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director will play an integral role in the following areas:
Artistic
Strategic and Operational Management
Public Relations and Marketing
Funding and Fundraising

Please see http://www.cahoots.ca/company/job-opportunities/ for a detailed list of the Artistic Director's job responsibilities.

Other Information

This is a part-time position, with an expectation of 28 hours per week on average (hours of work vary), but with flexibility allowing for the Artistic Director to accept outside contracts, subject to Board approval. Start date can be flexible, with allowance for candidate's availability.

How To Apply

Please submit CV along with a letter of interest and motivation (max three pages), including salary expectation and three professional references, before end of Friday, April 12, 2013.

Please submit by email (PDF or Word format) to: apply(at)cahoots.ca with 'Artistic Director Application' in the subject line.

No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.

communications at caea.com