E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - THE GRAND THEATRE - LONDON, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Oct 1 13:39:05 EDT 2013

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

AUDITION NOTICE - THE GRAND THEATRE - LONDON, ON
Production name: The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee
Deadline to submit: 10/11/2013
Email applications to: cryde at grandtheatre.com
Contact name: Cindi Ryde
Contact email: cryde at grandtheatre.com
Contact phone: 519-672-9030
Engager Website: grandtheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
In our desire to encourage and reflect the world and our community on our stage, The Grand Theatre encourages racially diverse actors to submit resumes.

Additional information:
The Grand Theatre is accepting submissions for The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee for the following roles ONLY:

Marcy Park - late teens to 20's, Character is described as Asian and the "best and the brightest" in her class. She speaks six languages, plays sports, studies music and dance and sleeps only 3 hours a night.  She is clearly unhappy with her life and her status as an overachiever.  Very good singer.  Ability to play the piano and dance is an asset but not essential.   B3 - E5 (Soprano/Mezzo-soprano)

Mitch Mahoney - 30's to 40's, Character is African American.  He is the Official Comfort Counselor.  An ex-con who is performing his community service with the Bee, he gives the contestants a hug and a juice box when they are eliminated from the competition.  Should be a physically imposing presence.  Excellent pop/gospel singer.   Tenor E3 -A4 (B4)

PLEASE NOTE: Actors who have already auditioned in person for these roles are on file and should NOT resubmit.  All other roles are cast.

Contract dates: Feb 25 - April 13, 2014
Audition date TBD

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

communications at caea.com