E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - AXIS THEATRE COMPANY - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Apr 16 09:07:05 EDT 2014

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice
below.

--------------------------------
JOB NOTICE - ARTISTIC DIRECTOR - AXIS THEATRE COMPANY - VANCOUVER, BC
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 05/02/2014
City: Vancouver

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Artistic Director Search
Deadline to submit: 05/02/2014
Email applications to: gm at axistheatre.com
Contact name: Daune Campbell
Contact email: gm at axistheatre.com
Contact phone: 604-669-0631
Engager website: axistheatre.com
Link to detailed casting information: http://axistheatre.com/
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Any person may apply. Only successful candidates with relative experience will be contacted. Thank you.

Additional information:
Axis Theatre Company  is seeking applications for the position of ARTISTIC DIRECTOR. The closing date for applications is May 2, 2014. Please submit a cover letter with your resume by post or email, with the subject line: Artistic Director Search - Axis Theatre Company.

Organization Profile:
Axis Theatre Company has a 38 year history of developing, commissioning and creating plays. We produce professional physical theatre for a local Vancouver audience then tour those plays to the communities of our native province of British Columbia, as well as to national and international audiences. The company creates Theatre for Young Audience (TYA) productions for elementary school and family audiences as well as adult mainstage productions.

Axis Theatre Company's mission is to develop the art of physical theatre to a high level of artistic excellence, produce and tour plays that expand the boundaries of conventional theatrical expression in a pursuit of artistic growth, exploration and creation. Our focus is to achieve this excellence by utilizing the resources of our local talent base and extensive professional network, maintaining resilient fiscal health and increasing our outreach on a local, regional, and international scale.

JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Artistic Director will play an integral role in the artistic efforts to deliver the company's mandate. Please visit the full posting @ www.axistheatre.com.

The successful candidate will work part-time in the 2014-2015 season with the founding Artistic Director Wayne Specht. This position is full-time as of September 1, 2015.
communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com