E-DRIVE [AUDITION - SURREAL SOREAL THEATRE - MONTREAL, QB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Apr 29 09:09:38 EDT 2014

association listed in the e-drive notice
below.

--------------------------------
AUDITION - SURREAL SOREAL THEATRE - MONTREAL, QB
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 05/31/2014
City: Toronto

Audition day 2: 06/15/2014
City: Montreal

Audition day 3: 06/22/2014
City: Montreal

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Jon Lachlan Stewart
Deadline to submit: 05/17/2014
Email applications to: surrealsorealtheatre at gmail.com
Contact name: Jon Lachlan Stewart
Contact email: surrealsorealtheatre at gmail.com
Contact phone: 514 557 4235
Engager website: https://www.facebook.com/SurrealSoRealTheatre?ref=hl
Link to detailed casting information:
https://www.facebook.com/events/661375167263085/
Agreement: ITA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: All are
welcome to audition

Additional information: Contract Dates:

November 17-29 2014 (EDMONTON)
March 9-31 2015 (MONTREAL)
May 5-18 2015 (MONTREAL)

Send a short cover letter along with headshot and resume to:
surrealsorealtheatre at gmail.com

Agreement:

Agreement: For this contract, we will be working under equity's workshop
agreement. Surreal SoReal will negotiate travel individually with
artists, but will meet the minimum levels set by the ITA.

Story:

Two twins are born from a horrible act of violence, one with the rage of
a war machine, one with the power to revive his brother from the dead.
The magical twins' talents are sold in the street by their impoverished
mother, until finally the military purchases them for war. This play
without text fuses a mix of breakdance, clown, and traditional mime
technique.

Project details:

Surreal SoReal Theatre is looking for strong movers with a background in
collaborative creation and dance. Skills in pantomime, mask, commedia
technique, stage combat, and hip hop or breakdance is an asset, but is
not an absolute requirement to be considered.

We are seeking a company of artists to workshop and develop this piece
long term, for production in the 2015/16 season, in Edmonton and
Montreal.

The audition will consist of a group dance call, as well as an
individual audition. For the individual audition, applicants will be
given a short clip of music with instructions to create their own
individual choreography. We will provide the same clip of music at the
audition on speakers.

Please send a short cover letter along with headshot and resume to:
surrealsorealtheatre at gmail.com

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be
engaged under an Equity form of contract. CAEA members: please bring
your membership card to the
audition.
communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com