E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - SOULPEPPER THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Dec 3 10:28:06 EST 2014

AUDITION NOTICE - SOULPEPPER THEATRE COMPANY - TORONTO, ON
Production name: Bedroom Farce
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 03/09/2015
Audition date: 12/18/2014
Audition date 2: 12/19/2014
Deadline to submit: 12/09/2014
Email applications to: casting at soulpepper.ca
Contact name: casting at soulpepper.ca
Contact email: casting at soulpepper.ca
Contact phone: 416.203.6264
Engager Website: soulpepper.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Soulpepper Theatre Company will be holding auditions for their upcoming
production of Bedroom Farce, directed by Ted Dykstra.

We would like to see male and female actors to play roles of characters
between the ages of 27-35 of any and all ethnicities for the following
roles:

1. Malcolm (male)
2. Jan (female)
3. Kate (female)
4. Susannah (female)

Additional information:
REHEARSAL & PERFORMANCE INFORMATION
Rehearsals Monday, March 9, 2015
First Preview Friday, May 1, 2015
Opening Friday, May 8, 2015
Closing Saturday, June 20, 2015 (with possible extension to Saturday,
July 4, 2015)

AUDITION DATE(S) & LOCATION
December 18, 2014
December 19, 2014 (possible callbacks)
Young Centre for the Performing Arts

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Reading of the play is required preparation for this audition. If you
have not read the play, you will not be seen.
- Female actors should be prepared to read for Jan, Kate, and Susannah
- Very good English accent is a MUST
- Sides will be distributed if selected for an audition

SUBMISSIONS
- Email submissions only
- include headshots and resumes as ATTACHMENTS
(DO NOT SEND LINKS TO OTHER SOURCES)

Submissions/questions may be emailed to casting at soulpepper.ca

We thank you for your submission however, only those selected for an
audition will be contacted.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
tel: 416-867-9165