EQUIFLASH [2014 BASIC DUES INCREASE REFERENDUM RESULTS]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Feb 21 14:27:18 EST 2014

----------------
Friday, February 21, 2014

Voting for the 2014 Dues Referendum closed Thursday, February 20 at 8:00
p.m. ET / 5:00 p.m. PT.

Members supported the proposed bylaw changes to implement an increase in
the basic (annual) dues to $180 per year and to increase the working
dues rate to 2.25%, with 71.9% voting in favour. Bylaws require a 2/3
majority approval for changes to the dues rates or structure.
----------------
Statement from Council President Allan Teichman & Executive Director
Arden R. Ryshpan:
First off, we'd like to say thank you. Thank you to all the members who
voted, however you voted and thank you for your commitment to the future
of the Association. You have signaled not only your support for the work
that Equity does, but also your desire to see your Association
strengthen and continue to enhance its member services.

Our first priority with the resources you have provided is to stabilize
our finances. After that, we look forward to making some long-overdue
improvements in our operations, putting your dues to use to serve you
better. As we roll out the changes, we'll keep the membership informed,
so that you know what the increased resources have made possible.
----------------
The voting stats are as follows:
- 5,726 ballots were distributed to eligible Equity members in good
standing
- 2,124 ballots were received, representing a return rate of 37.1%
- 1,527 votes cast endorsed the bylaw change
- 590 votes cast opposed the bylaw change
- 7 ballots were spoiled

The return rate of 37.1% equaled that of the 2011 Dues Referendum. Most
regions saw an increase in participation, and several across the country
exceeded a 50% vote return.
The voting returns by region are posted on EQUITYONLINE
(http://www.caea.com):
Enquiries regarding the 2014 Dues Referendum results may be directed to
Council President Allan Teichman at president at caea.com.
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON M5C 3C4