E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - INDIVIDUAL GIVING COORDINATOR - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Jan 13 12:18:09 EST 2014

Please direct all responses and inquiries directly to the theatre or association listed in the e-drive notice below.

JOB NOTICE - INDIVIDUAL GIVING COORDINATOR - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC
Deadline to submit: 01/20/2014
Email applications to: gtinfo at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Robin White
Contact email: gtinfo at gatewaytheatre.com
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
The position if full-time with benefits. The pay rate is $14./hr. Hours of work are mainly daytime with some evening/weekend hours for events. The work location is Gateway Theatre.

Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and sample solicitation letter to gtinfo at gatewaytheatre.com by January 20, 2014.  Applicants without full packages will not be considered.

No phone calls please.  We thank all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.  Gateway Theatre is committed to employment equity

Additional information:
The Gateway Theatre is a not-for-profit charity producing professional live theatre. We provide theatre training through the Gateway Academy, and work with community partners who produce their own shows in our venue.

The Individual Giving Coordinator is a full-time entry level position (35 hours a week), reporting to the General Manager. The successful candidate will be a positive team player with education or experience in philanthropic relationship building and/or sales, and is an upbeat positive communicator. A passion for the arts and experience in not-for-profit organizations are assets.

Summary of Duties:
- Stewardship of donor relations
- Stewardship of membership benefits (including AGM, newsletter copy etc)
- Development and management of campaigns related to individual giving
- In-kind giving from both corporate and individual donors
- Support of Board fundraising initiatives
- Advertising sales for the Academy brochure
- Database management and Tax receipting

Qualifications:
- People-person
- Team player
- Positive, energetic personality
- Very organized multi-tasker
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Education or experience in fundraising an asset
- Chinese language skills an asset

communications at caea.com