E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Nov 26 12:27:27 EST 2014

--------------------------------------
JOB NOTICE - COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR - GATEWAY THEATRE - RICHMOND, BC
--------------------------------------
Deadline to submit: 12/19/2014
Email applications to: jsy at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact name: Robin White
Contact email: gtinfo at gatewaytheatre.com
Contact phone: 6042706500
Engager Website: www.gatewaytheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
To apply for this position, email your resume, a cover letter
specifically detailing why you would be the ideal candidate for the
position, and two additional writing samples to Jovanni Sy, Artistic
Director (jsy at gatewaytheatre.com).

No phone calls please. We do not accept applications by Fax. We thank
all applicants, but advise that only those considered for an interview
will be contacted.

Additional information:
Gateway Theatre is seeking a dynamic and creative individual to fill the
position of Communications Coordinator.

POSITION SUMMARY:
Working closely with the Communications Manager the successful
candidate's main responsibilities are the planning and execution all
press and publicity, managing all social media outlets, grant writing
and the organization of Opening Nights.

We're looking for someone with exceptional written and oral
communication skills with a great work ethic. You should be reliable,
very detail-oriented, outgoing, and comfortable working on multiple
projects simultaneously, either on your own or as part of a team. Please
care deeply about spelling, grammar, and punctuation. A high degree of
proficiency in Outlook, Excel, and Word are minimum requirements. We'd
also appreciate a good sense of humour and a willingness to pitch in to
get the job done.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in marketing and communications and/or business
- Familiarity with MS Office software
- Knowledge of local theatre community is an asset
- Work experience in an arts and/or cultural environment is an asset
- Fluency in Mandarin and/or Cantonese is an asset

communications at caea.com