E-DRIVE [JOB NOTICE - DIRECTOR - MARTHA ROSE PRODUCTION INC. - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Oct 20 09:46:53 EDT 2014

JOB NOTICE - DIRECTOR - MARTHA ROSE PRODUCTION INC. - TORONTO, ON

Production name: Miss Julie
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 03/01/2015
Deadline to submit: 11/11/2014
Email applications to: info at martharoseproductions.com
Contact name: Rafaela Lewis
Contact email: info at martharoseproductions.com
Contact phone: 647-465-9866
Engager Website: www.martharoseproductions.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Dedicated to reflecting Canada's rich mosaic of cultural diversity,
Martha Rose Productions is an equal opportunity employer and encourages
submissions from eligible candidates of all cultural backgrounds.

Additional information:
Martha Rose Productions Inc. is a fully incorporated Toronto-based film
and theatre production company, dedicated to creating high-caliber,
provocative and meaningful work.

We are gearing up for our inaugural production, an adaptation of
Strindberg's 'Miss Julie'. Production is tentatively slated for a May
2015 run, but there is flexibility to work around the director's
schedule.  Rehearsals will begin in early March, with pre-production
meetings and tasks November through February.

We have a number of theatres in mind, but the director will be heavily
involved in final venue decisions.

We are interested in submissions from both Equity and non-Equity
directors. The rate will be competitive and to be negotiated.

The ideal candidate will be already established in the Toronto theatre
community with credits. As Martha Rose is passionate about mixing the
mediums of film and stage, experience in mixed media is a plus.

Successful candidates will be contacted in November, with a request to
meet with Artistic Director, Rafaela Lewis. No phone calls, please.

communications at caea.com