EQUIFLASH [EQUITY JOINS CANADIAN ARTS COALITION FOR ARTS DAY ON PARLIAMENT HILL]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Oct 21 15:37:33 EDT 2014

--------------------------------------
EQUITY JOINS CANADIAN ARTS COALITION FOR ARTS DAY ON PARLIAMENT HILL
--------------------------------------

On October 20th, 2014, Equity's Executive Director Arden R. Ryshpan
joined arts advocates from across Canada on Parliament Hill to put arts
and culture in the federal spotlight. The year 2014 marks the 4th annual
Arts Day on the Hill led by the Canadian Arts Coalition.

"The arts and culture sector helps drive Canada's economy with more than
$85 billion, and supports over 1.1 million Canadian jobs." said Arden R.
Ryshpan. "We need to ensure that our political leaders know how vital
our industry and our Equity members are to this economy."

About Arts Day on the Hill: http://bit.ly/1taCxvm

About the Canadian Arts Coalition:

The Canadian Arts Coalition is the largest consortium of arts, culture
and heritage supporters in Canada. We are a collaborative, non-partisan
group representing artists, arts organizations, volunteers, business
supporters and audience members from across Canada. We believe that a
strong and vibrant arts sector is crucial to our country and that
investments made by the government in the arts, which are in line with
current economic realities, help strengthen our communities and enhance
Canada's reputation on the world stage.

communications at caea.com