E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - MICHAEL LANGHAM WORKSHOP FOR CLASSICAL DIRECTION - STRATFORD FESTIVAL - STRATFORD, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Jul 13 16:49:18 EDT 2015

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - MICHAEL LANGHAM WORKSHOP FOR CLASSICAL
DIRECTION - STRATFORD FESTIVAL - STRATFORD, ON
Deadline to submit: 08/10/2015
Email applications to: bgreen at stratfordfestival.ca
Contact name: Bonnie Green
Contact email: bgreen at stratfordfestival.ca
Contact phone: 5192714040
Engager Website: www.stratfordfestival.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We recognize that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our
stages – fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively engaged
in building a more diverse workplace and encourage all qualified applicants
to apply.

Additional information:
This call is for theatre directors, from emerging to mid-stage in their
career. Their primary task will be assistant directing one of the plays in
the Festival’s 2016 season. The Festival’s 2016 season begins in February
with the final openings in August. Assistant directors are usually required
for 8-16 weeks within that timeframe. Participants will join existing
classes in text, voice, movement and other disciplines regularly held by
the Festival’s Theatre Training Department as well as specialized classes
exploring the text, vocal and physical skills for use in the rehearsal
process of a classical play. Selected participants will be given the
opportunity to choose a piece of classical text for the Directors’ Workshop
Presentation slated for the fall of 2016. Workshop participants receive a
fee, travel costs and a housing subsidy. To apply, please submit a résumé,
a letter of recommendation and a personal letter by mail or email.
Submissions must be postmarked or emailed by August 10, 2015. Decisions for
2016 will be made no later than November of 2015. This workshop is only
open to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
www.stratfordfestival.ca/langhamworkshop

communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx