E-DRIVE [AUDITION - ACTORS - APPLEDORE PRODUCTIONS - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri May 1 16:36:10 EDT 2015

--------------------------------
AUDITION - ACTORS - APPLEDORE PRODUCTIONS - TORONTO, ON
--------------------------------
Audition day 1: 05/12/2015
City: Toronto

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: David Ferry; Dean
Ifill
Deadline to submit: 05/09/2015
Email applications to: daf4rtc at yahoo.ca
Contact name: David Ferry
Contact email: daf4rtc at yahoo.ca
Contact phone: 416-433-5826
Engager website: www.thepostmanwalks.com
Agreement: ITA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:

Appledore Productions is a project centric developmental and occasional
production company that focuses on challenging work that is usually
brand new, often site-specific and which speaks to the culturally
diversified city we live in. We work with culturally diverse groups of
artists on an ad hoc, project specific basis.

Additional information:

THE POSTMAN. Rehearsals start June 22. Opening July 12. Playing till
July 26. We are producing a new theatre piece with music as a commission
of PANAMANIA, the Culture arm of Toronto 2015's PanAm/ParaPan Games. THE
POSTMAN tells the story of Albert Jackson, Toronto's first African
Canadian Postman and his mother Anne Maria Jackson who escaped slavery
in the U.S. with her children and came to Toronto via the Underground
Railway. This was the largest family group to ever do so. Anne Maria
raised 9 children to become successful citizens.

Albert faced racist resistance at the Post office, but with the help of
Prime Minister John A Macdonald, Albert won his rightful job and
delivered the mail for 35 years in the Annex area. We will be performing
the piece site specific, outdoors, on porches in the Harbord Village
/Annex area.

We are looking for actors (any age, any gender) to play roles of black
characters who can sing and ideally play a musical instrument such as
guitar, banjo, harmonica, trumpet, tuba or violin. Text is by seven
authors: Andrew Moodie, Lisa Codrington, Leah-Simone Bowen, Sugith
varughes, Joseph Piere, Roy Lewis and David Ferry; music composed by
Saidah Baba Talibah and Brooke Blackburn. We will have text available to
read, but please prepare an blues or gospel song and bring an instrument
if you play one.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity
members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of
contract. CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the
audition.

communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com