EQUIFLASH [ADVOCACY ALERT: NEW FEDERAL CABINET ANNOUNCED TODAY]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Nov 4 19:03:42 EST 2015

------------------
ADVOCACY ALERT: NEW FEDERAL CABINET ANNOUNCED TODAY
------------------
The Swearing-In Ceremony of Canada’s 23rd Prime Minister and Cabinet took
place earlier today.

During the recent federal election Equity partnered with Summa Strategies
(http://www.summastrategies.ca), an independent consultancy and government
relations firm. Their analysis of Prime Minister Trudeau's government
Cabinet appointments "Federal Cabinet 2015: What You Need to Know" can be
read here: http://bit.ly/1GMiVXQ

At today's ceremony, Mélanie Joly was appointed Minister of Canadian
Heritage and Official Languages in today's investiture ceremony. Mme Joly
is a lawyer, author, and philanthropist, who is best known as a candidate
in the Montreal Mayoral elections in 2013. She has an active presence on
several cultural institutions' boards of directors, leads two think tanks:
Génération d’idées, a political think tank whose goal is to inspire
millennials to get involved in politics, as well as M-19, a think tank
concentrated on the future of Montreal.

Executive Director Arden R. Ryshpan advises "As part of Equity's
continuing advocacy efforts, we will be asking for a meeting with Minister
Joly and other key Ministers, advisors and opposition critics in
portfolios of concern to our membership. We look forward to working with
the new government when Parliament resumes and we are hopeful that they
will fulfill their campaign promise to make significant increases to
support for the arts and culture sector."

Canadian Actors’ Equity Association (Equity) is a professional artist’s
association representing 5,800 performers (including actors, singers and
dancers), directors, choreographers, fight directors and stage managers,
engaged in theatre, opera and dance, in English, across Canada. We
negotiate rights and protections for artists working in live performance
through bargaining for scale agreements which include guaranteed minimum
terms for fees, maximum hours of work, and safe harassment-free work
environments. Our agreements also provide our members with access to
health and insurance benefits and a RRSP plan.
------------------
Canadian Actors' Equity Association
44 Victoria Street, 12th floor
Toronto, ON  M5C 3C4
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx