E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - WORKSHOP ACTOR - PLAYWRIGHTS THEATRE CENTRE - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Nov 10 13:44:13 EST 2015

--------------------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - WORKSHOP ACTOR - PLAYWRIGHTS THEATRE CENTRE - VANCOUVER,
BC
--------------------------------
Production name: Showdown on Cripple Creek
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 12/06/2015
Audition date: 11/16/2015
Audition date 2: 11/17/2015
Deadline to submit: 11/16/2015
Email applications to: kathleen at playwrightstheatre.com
Contact name: Kathleen Flaherty
Contact email: kathleen at playwrightstheatre.com
Contact phone: 778-873-4806
Engager Website: www.playwrightstheatre.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: PTC encourages
submissions from artists of all diverse backgrounds.

Additional information:

The parts we are looking to cast are:
Katie Shacter - 40's, academic, living with cerebral palsy
Brian Epps - 50s, Journalist, married, living with cerebral palsy
Alex Fox - 20s, recent quadriplegic
Rita Grant - 60s, living with unspecified persistent condition

The ages are flexible, although we'll get as close as we can.  We are
focusing on the characters more than their ages.  At this point, the writer
is more concerned with how four chairs will work in the space than why
exactly people are using them.

The play calls for four actors in power chairs.  We would like to cast a
workshop day of the play as representatively as possible.

We have secured an accessible space at PL1422 (1422 William) on Monday,
November 16. We will have two sessions of one hour each, one starting at
10:30 am and the second at 1 pm.
If you want to be considered for one of these roles and cannot make either
of those times, please let me know and we'll find another way to see you.

The play workshop is on Sunday, December 6 from 9:30 - 5 pm at UBC. We will
have two 15 minute breaks and 90 minutes for lunch during the workshop.
Unfortunately, due to the writer's schedule, the day and time of the
workshop is not flexible.  The fee for the workshop is 105.50 (Canadian
Actors' Equity scale workshop fee). We can arrange for transportation to UBC
if that is an issue.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

--------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx