E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - PERFORMER/DEVISER - QUOTE UNQUOTE COLLECTIVE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Sep 1 11:03:01 EDT 2015

------------------------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - PERFORMER/DEVISER - QUOTE UNQUOTE COLLECTIVE - TORONTO, ON
------------------------------------
Production name: Now You See Her
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 01/11/2016
Audition date: 09/12/2015
Deadline to submit: 09/10/2015
Email applications to: info at quoteunquotecollective.com
Contact name: Amy
Contact email: info at quoteunquotecollective.com
Contact phone: 6473836753
Engager Website: http://www.quoteunquotecollective.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We are looking for a diverse cast of talented, dedicated, motivated women
who are interested in embarking on a devising process spread over two years.
- Applicants must be highly skilled at singing
- And/or highly skilled on an instrument
- Multi-instrumentalists are ideal
- Some background in physical/devised theatre is also ideal
Specific roles we are casting for include (but are not limited to):
- Woman over the age of forty
- French Canadian (or bilingual) woman of colour (in her 30s)
- Woman of First Nations/Metis/Inuit heritage (in her 20s)

Additional information:
Quote Unquote Collective is launching into the first phase of development
for our new play Now You See Her - an all-female rock opera. Six
performer/musicians, working through music, movement and physical
storytelling, will reveal the stories of three Canadian women, each at a
different stage in her life. The show will premiere in the fall/winter of
2017.

Auditions will be held in Toronto over the weekend of September 12-13th.
Exact location TBD.

If you are interested in auditioning please submit a CV and attach a link to
a sound or video clip of your musical skill (can be vocal or
instrumental) to: info at quoteunquotecollective.com with the subject heading
“Now You See Her” and your name.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx