E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - FACTORY THEATRE - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Thu Aug 25 16:35:24 EDT 2016

------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - FACTORY THEATRE - TORONTO, ON
------------------------------

Audition day 1: 09/13/2016
City: Toronto

Audition day 2: 09/15/2016
City: Toronto

Audition day 3: 09/16/2016
City: Toronto

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Nina Lee Aquino
Deadline to submit: 09/06/2016
Email applications to: factorygeneralauditions at gmail.com
Contact name: Matt McGeachy, Company Dramaturge
Contact email: factorygeneralauditions at gmail.com
Contact phone: 416-504-4473 x 227
Engager website: www.factorytheatre.ca
Link to detailed casting information:
https://www.factorytheatre.ca/auditions/general-auditions/
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Factory Theatre
is committed to inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from
professional artists of all genders, ethnicities and abilities.

Additional information:

Factory Theatre is holding general auditions for its upcoming season
workshops and productions. Selected performers should prepare two
contrasting monologues written by Canadian playwrights, each under
two-minutes in length. Auditions are by appointment only and priority will
be given to members of Canadian Actors’ Equity Association and non-members
will only be seen on September 15th and 16th.

Please note:  Actors may only audition for Factory once every three years.
Please do not submit if you have auditioned for us since 2013.

To be considered for general auditions, please email your headshot and
resume with a 300-word cover letter (in one PDF file only), by Tuesday,
September 6th, 11:55 pm to:

Matt McGeachy
Company Dramaturge
factorygeneralauditions at gmail.com

Submission Notes:
1. Only electronic submissions will be accepted.
2. PDF file name should be in this format: LASTNAMEfirstname.pdf
3. Please indicate on the subject line of the email your Equity status.
4. TO CASTING AGENTS: please clearly separate (in different emails) Equity
and Non-Equity candidates in your e-pitches.

Early submissions are strongly preferred.  No late submissions will be
accepted. We thank all applicants for their submissions, however only
successful applicants will be contacted to arrange an audition.

No telephone inquiries please.

The Factory-produced shows in our 2016/17 season are:

acquiesce by David Yee
Directed by Nina Lee Aquino

Little Pretty and the Exceptional by Anusree Roy
Directed by Brendan Healy

Banana Boys, adapted from the novel by Terry Woo, written by Leon Aureus
Directed by Nina Lee Aquino

For the complete line-up and information on our upcoming season, please
visit http://www.factorytheatre.ca/

Factory.  Founded in 1970, Factory was the first theatre company in the
nation to devote itself to producing 100% Canadian content. 46 years later,
Factory continues to lead in the development and sharing of Canadian stories
having produced more than 300 productions from a diverse source of Canadian
playwrights and launching the careers of countless theatre professionals.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
----------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx