E-DRIVE [AUDITION - ACTOR - URBAN INK PRODUCTIONS - BC & NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE - ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Mon Aug 29 17:05:12 EDT 2016

--------------------------------
AUDITION - ACTOR - URBAN INK PRODUCTIONS - BC & NATIONAL ARTS CENTRE - ON
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 09/12/2016
City: Toronto, ON

Audition day 2: 09/16/2016
City: Montreal, QC

Audition day 3: 10/12/2016
City: Vancouver, BC
Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Corey Payette, Artistic
Director
Deadline to submit: 09/07/2016
Email applications to: christie at urbanink.ca
Contact name: Christie Watson
Contact email: christie at urbanink.ca
Contact phone: 778-668-7557
Engager website: www.urbanink.ca
Link to detailed casting information: www.urbanink.ca
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Urban Ink
Productions creates, produces and disseminates original works of theatre by
Indigenous and Intercultural artists.

Additional information:
Urban Ink Productions has announced a call for actor submissions for our
World Premiere production of Children of God in our upcoming 2016-17 season
in Vancouver in May 2017-Ottawa in June 2017.
Contract dates: April 17-June 18, 2017.

Children of God by Corey Payette is a musical about an Oji-cree family whose
children were sent to residential school. It takes place in two time periods
twenty years apart, and examines how the effects of our past are directly
related to our future.

We will be holding musical auditions in Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. We
encourage actors of Indigenous backgrounds to apply. All roles must be
strong singer/actor.

ROLES TO BE CAST:

JULIA - Lead role - age 14 - strong singer/actor - the character's
background is Oji-Cree First Nations but we welcome submissions from any
Indigenous background.

FATHER CHRISTOPHER - 40s Head priest in charge of male dorm, strong
singer/actor (Baritone/Tenor)

Wilson Sekora - Must be able to play 16 and 36 years old. This character is
of Indigenous background.

FUTURE REPLACEMENTS FOR ALL ROLES:

Tommy/Tom - plays 13 year old student / 33 years old. Strong singer/actor.
The character's background is Oji-Cree First Nations but we welcome
submissions from any Indigenous background.

Rita - 50 year old, The character's background is Oji-Cree First Nations but
we welcome submissions from any Indigenous background. Must be strong singer
and actor. Must be able to sing and play a hand drum.

Sister Bernadette - 30s Head nun, French Canadian and in charge of girl’s
dorm.

Vincent Sekora - A 14 year old student, Wilson’s Brother. This character is
of Indigenous background.

Joanna - A 14 year old student. This character is of Indigenous background.

Elizabeth - At 14 year old student. This character is of Indigenous
background.

SUBMISSIONS BY E-MAIL ONLY TO: christie at urbanink.ca
Please include:
-  Headshot
-  Resume (with clear indication of union status)

LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED UNTIL ROLE IS CAST.

PREPARATION:
-  Those selected for an audition will be asked to prepare a scene from the
show and asked to prepare one song of your choice.

Thanks to all who submit however, only those selected for an audition will
be contacted.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx