E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - THE GRAND THEATRE - LONDON, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Dec 13 08:18:37 EST 2016

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - THE GRAND THEATRE - LONDON, ON
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 01/18/2017
City: London

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Dennis Garnhum
Deadline to submit: 01/09/2017
Email applications to: cryde at grandtheatre.com
Contact name: Cindi Ryde
Contact email: cryde at grandtheatre.com
Contact phone: 5196729030
Engager website: www.grandtheatre.com
Link to detailed casting information: www.grandtheatre.com
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: In our desire to
reflect the world and our community on our stage, The Grand Theatre is
committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We encourage submissions from all
qualified performers, without regard to age, disability, ethnicity, race, or
gender identity.

Additional information: General Audition Notice
2017-18 Season

In preparation for the 2017-2018 season, Dennis Garnhum, Artistic Director
of The Grand Theatre, will be holding general auditions in London,
Stratford, and Toronto.

Auditions for London-based and/or London-connected actors will take place on
Wednesday January 18, 2017 at The Grand Theatre.

The deadline for submissions to be received is 5pm on Monday January 9,
2017.

Stratford and Toronto calls for submission and audition dates will be
announced in the New Year – please do not submit at this time.

The 2017-2018 Season will be announced on February 28, 2017 – please see
www.grandtheatre.com after that date for full programming details.

•    Please note that only those artists who are invited to audition will be
contacted to set up an audition time.
•    Please do not submit for a general audition if you have been seen by
Dennis in the last three years.
•    Please prepare two contrasting monologues, one classic and one
contemporary, totalling no more than four minutes total. As well, if you
have a special skill, we’d love to hear about it / see it!
•    Show-specific auditions (including all musical auditions) will be held
at a later date.
•    For the General Auditions, we please ask that no agent packages be
sent, as we value the artist’s individual voice in a letter. However, agents
are welcome to submit clients for specific shows at any time. (formal
breakdowns may not be sent out, so please see our season announcement after
February 28)
•    There will be an opportunity for London-area children in the holiday
production. Details and requirements will be released at a later date on
www.grandtheatre.com - please do not submit at this time.

Please include a resume, headshot, and a cover letter (stating your interest
in auditioning and connection to London) and submit by email for
consideration to:

Cindi Ryde, Artistic Administrator
cryde at grandtheatre.com

Priority will be given to Equity artists, and they will be seen first at all
auditions.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.
------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx