E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - WESTERN CANADA THEATRE - KAMLOOPS, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri Jan 15 16:58:33 EST 2016

------------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - WESTERN CANADA THEATRE - KAMLOOPS, BC
------------------------
Production name: New Play Commissions
Deadline to submit: 02/26/2016
Email applications to: daryl at wctlive.ca
Contact name: Western Canada Theatre
Contact email: daryl at wctlive.ca
Contact phone: 2508790288

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
Western Canada Theatre is proud of our long history of commissioning and
developing new work, particularly by First Nations playwrights. We encourage
submissions from theatre creators of all genders, ethnicities and
backgrounds.

Additional information:
To celebrate our 40th Anniversary, WCT will commission up to 3 new projects.
We are currently seeking submissions of interest from BC Theatre Creators.
Full-length theatrical projects of any form will be considered (play,
musical, verbatim project, immersive project, podplay…).

What We Are Looking For:
- Artists must be based in British Columbia, or have previously called BC
home.
- The project must be created with the WCT audience in mind. It should
investigate topics of interest to residents of the interior of B.C.
Applicants are encouraged to consider WCT’s previous programming before
submitting.
- The project must be in the early stages of development (i.e. has not
already received a development workshop).

What We Will Provide:
- A commissioning fee to write a first draft.
- A one-day workshop reading of the first draft at WCT in February 2017.
- Potential for further funding and future development.

Interested? Please Send:
- A letter of interest which describes the project and your interest in
working with WCT (max 2 pages)
- A current resume

The submission deadline is February 26, 2016.
Please submit via email to Artistic Director, Daryl Cloran –
daryl at wctlive.ca

For more information visit www.wctlive.ca

------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx