E-DRIVE [AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - SEVEN TYRANTS THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed Jul 6 14:20:01 EDT 2016

-------------------------
AUDITION NOTICE - ACTORS - SEVEN TYRANTS THEATRE - VANCOUVER, BC
-------------------------
Production name: Topdog/Underdog
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 11/01/2016
Audition date: 08/04/2016
Deadline to submit: 07/31/2016
Email applications to: auditions at seventyrants.com
Contact name: David Newham
Contact email: david at seventyrants.com
Contact phone: 604-368-5160
Engager Website: www.seventyrants.com

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We seek the best performers we can find to suit each role, and we believe
that the plays we produce should reflect the diversity in our community.

Additional information:
Written by Suzan-Lori Parks
Directed by David Newham
Produced by Seven Tyrants Theatre

Audition Location: 1411 Cartwright St, Vancouver, BC.  - Thursday August
4th, 2016.

Winner of the 2002 Pulitzer Prize, TOPDOG/UNDERDOG is a darkly comic fable
of brotherly love and family identity. The play tells the story of Lincoln
and Booth, two brothers whose names were given to them as a joke,
foretelling a lifetime of sibling rivalry and resentment. Haunted by the
past, the brothers are forced to confront the shattering reality of their
future.

The production will appear at Studio 1398 in Vancouver from November 24 to
December 3, 2016. Rehearsals begin early November. The characters in the
play, as written by Ms. Parks, are two men of African-American background.

Seeking submissions for:

LINCOLN: The topdog. Black male in his 30s. Guitar skills an asset.

BOOTH: The underdog. Black male in his 30s.

Note: Only actors selected for audition will be contacted. This production
is only able to consider artists who will be in Vancouver during the
production period.

Applicants, send Headshot and Resume to [auditions at seventyrants.com].

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

-------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx