E-DRIVE [CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - MICHAEL LANGHAM WORKSHOP FOR CLASSICAL DIRECTION - STRATFORD FESTIVAL - STRATFORD, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Jun 28 11:34:55 EDT 2016

----------------------------
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NOTICE - MICHAEL LANGHAM WORKSHOP FOR CLASSICAL
DIRECTION - STRATFORD FESTIVAL - STRATFORD, ON
----------------------------
Date production rehearsal/job starts: 02/01/2017
Deadline to submit: 08/08/2016
Email applications to: bgreen at stratfordfestival.ca
Contact name: Shira Ginsler
Contact email: sginsler at stratfordfestival.ca
Contact phone: 5192714040
Engager Website: www.stratfordfestival.ca

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement:
We recognize that diversity – in our workplace, in our audiences and on our
stages – fosters a rich and creative environment. We are actively striving
to build a more diverse workplace and the Michael Langham Workshop is a
significant part of our strategy to achieve that goal.

Additional information:
Call for submissions from Canadian directors for 2017

The Michael Langham Workshop
for Classical Direction

This call is for theatre directors, from emerging to mid-stage in their
career. Their primary task will be assistant directing a play in the
Festival’s 2017 season. The season begins in February with the final
openings in August. Assistant directors are usually required for 8-16 weeks.

Participants join classes in text, voice, movement and other disciplines
regularly held by the Theatre Training Department as well as specialized
classes exploring the text, vocal and physical skills used in the rehearsal
process of a classical play. Selected participants have the opportunity to
choose a piece of classical text for the Directors’ Workshop Presentation in
the fall.

Workshop participants receive a fee, travel costs and housing subsidy.

To apply, please submit a résumé, a letter of recommendation and a personal
letter by mail or email to:
Bonnie Green, Associate Producer
Stratford Festival, Box 520, 55 Queen St, Stratford, ON, N5A 6V2
519.271.4040 ex 2290
bgreen at stratfordfestival.ca

Submissions must be postmarked or emailed by August 8, 2016. Decisions for
2017 will be made no later than November of 2016. This workshop is only open
to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

----------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx