E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - THEATRE GARGANTUA - TORONTO, ON]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Tue Mar 1 10:45:44 EST 2016

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - THEATRE GARGANTUA - TORONTO, ON
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 04/05/2016
City: Toronto

Audition day 2: 04/06/2016
City: Toronto

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Jacquie PA Thomas
Deadline to submit: 03/31/2016
Email applications to: info at theatregargantua.ca
Contact name: Yolanda Ferrato
Contact email: info at thetaregargantua.ca
Contact phone: 416-260-4660
Engager website: theatregargantua.ca
Link to detailed casting information: http://theatregargantua.ca/auditions/
Agreement: ITA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Theatre
Gargantua is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from
performers who identify as Aboriginal, or members of a visible minority.

Additional information:

Founded in 1992, Theatre Gargantua’s productions meld daring, evocative
physicality, bold imagistic sets, striking original vocal work and the
innovative use of emerging media and video technologies. The company devises
all-original Canadian works in a two-year creation process we refer to as a
Cycle. Our work is built form the ground up with the ensemble of artists.
Over the course of our 10 completed creative cycles we have created
award-winning productions including e-DENTITY, Raging Dreams, Imprints, and
most recently The Sacrifice Zone. We are beginning development of our 11th
Cycle, currently titled Avaricious.

Theatre Gargantua has garnered dozens of nominations, awards and
recognitions for categories including Outstanding Production, New Play,
Direction, Music, Set Design and Lighting Design. The company has toured
works provincially, nationally and internationally to critical acclaim.

We will begin the development of a new production in Spring 2016.

Our productions are developed by the collective, including a typical cast of
4-6 performers.

Performers interested in working with Theatre Gargantua should be in very
good physical condition, able to sing well (please indicate range) and have
a strong interest in creating original, innovative theatre. Please note the
auditions are physically demanding.

Please submit a headshot, cover letter and resume via mail or email to:

Electronic submissions only: info at theatregargantua.ca
Deadline for submissions: March 31
(NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE)
Auditions will be held on April 5, call backs on April 6
We thank all who apply however only those chosen for an audition will be
contacted.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

------------------------------------
communications at caea.com

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any
other person. Such communication may contain information which is
privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. Any
collection, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this communication is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this information in error, please
accept our apology and immediately return the communication to the sender
by electronic mail and destroy the message.

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx