E-DRIVE [GENERAL AUDITION - CONCRETE THEATRE - EDMONTON, AB]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Wed May 4 09:40:39 EDT 2016

--------------------------------
GENERAL AUDITION - CONCRETE THEATRE - EDMONTON, AB
--------------------------------

Audition day 1: 05/19/2016
City: Edmonton

Audition day 2: 05/20/2016
City: Edmonton

Artistic Director or casting person in attendance: Mieko Ouchi and Caroline
Howarth
Deadline to submit: 05/16/2016
Email applications to: bookings at concretetheatre.ca
Contact name: Cat Walsh
Contact email: bookings at concretetheatre.ca
Contact phone: 780-439-3905
Engager website: www.concretetheatre.ca
Link to detailed casting information: On our website (above).
Agreement: CTA

Ethno-cultural mandate or ethno-cultural casting statement: Concrete Theatre
produces work that is reflective of the cultural pluralism of Canada. We
encourage submissions from actors of all cultural backgrounds.

Additional information:

Artistic Director Mieko Ouchi and Artistic Associate Caroline Howarth invite
actors to apply for general auditions by submitting their resume and
headshot. Please submit your resume electronically to
bookings at concretetheatre.ca or deliver it to our office (Suite 17, 6th
Floor, 7 Sir Winston Churchill Square, T5J 2V5) before Monday, May 16, 2016.

Successful applicants will be contacted to schedule an audition. Auditions
are being held May 19 and 20.

Audition requirements: two contrasting contemporary monologues, one of which
is Canadian. Total time: 10 minutes.

Concrete Theatre is a 26 year old professional Theatre For Young Audiences
(TYA) company whose mandate is to produce artistically excellent,
challenging and culturally diverse theatre for young people and their
families. We tour productions to Elementary, Junior and Senior High schools
in Edmonton and across Alberta. We occasionally do main-stage productions in
Edmonton and tour nationally. Concrete Theatre also produces Sprouts, an
annual new play development festival for kids. Please visit our website in
advance for additional information and history about the company:
www.concretetheatre.ca

Our 2016/2017 season includes:
The Bully Project by Mieko Ouchi (Touring Oct 17-Nov 18, 2015) Target
audience: Grades 4-9 A participatory project performed by 3 actors for 100
students at a time in two versions: one for Grades 4-6 and one for Grades
7-9. Improvisation, participatory theatre experience a plus.

Bello by Vern Thiessen (Touring Feb 2-Apr 28, 2016) Target audience: K-6
Little Bern struggles to fit in at a new school and with his new adoptive
family. When he is rescued from a snowstorm by a woman the whole town says
is a witch, he must face his fears and confront the person he is most afraid
of... and discovers she is much more like him than he ever expected. This
world premiere production is touring in English and French, actors must be
fluently bilingual.

We are also seeking actors for workshops of a new play we are currently
developing for junior/senior high audiences.

Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members
cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract.
CAEA members: please bring your membership card to the audition.

communications at caea.com
http:/www.caea.com

--

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx