EQUIFLASH [ADVOCACY ALERT - FEDERAL GOVERNMENT - CANADIAN HERITAGE ONLINE CONSULTATION]

CAEA e-drive caea-l at list.web.net
Fri May 20 15:03:15 EDT 2016

---------------
ADVOCACY ALERT - FEDERAL GOVERNMENT - CANADIAN HERITAGE ONLINE
CONSULTATION
---------------
The Minister of Canadian Heritage is beginning public and stakeholder
online pre-consultations on the theme of Strengthening Canadian Content
Creation, Discovery and Export in a Digital World.

The live performing arts are given almost no attention in the survey. The
federal Government's pre-consultation questionnaire and background
document focus almost exclusively on new technologies, global platforms
and the digital shift.

Visit http://bit.ly/1W6OpxX  to read Equity's suggested ideas to include
and potential questions to pose when you fill out the questionnaire.

Equity members are key stakeholders in this cultural review. We need the
Ministry that the live performance sector is an essential contributor to
discussions around cultural policy in Canada.

We strongly encourage Equity members, as artists, citizens and
stakeholders, to help the government establish the scope of these
consultations by answering the questionnaire. Your answers will better
define the themes and questions that will guide the consultations.

The questionnaire is open until May 27, 2016. It takes 10 to 30 minutes to
complete, depending on your answers.

--

The foregoing communication is intended only for the use of the individual
or individuals named above and should not be read by or delivered to any

See also Equity's Privacy Policy available at
http://www.caea.com/EquityWeb/Security/Privacy.aspx